[GE users] SGE and MPICH2

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed May 12 10:14:33 BST 2010

Am 12.05.2010 um 09:50 schrieb gqc606:

> I has installed SGE and MPICH2 on my computer clusters.but I found it doesn't work well.This is my script:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> #
> #$ -cwd
> #$ -S /bin/bash
> #$ -N flat_airebo
> #
> #$ -pe mpich 6
> #$ -q all.q
> #
> #$ -e error.out
> #$ -o screen.out
>
> /opt/mpich2/gnu/bin/mpiexec -machinefile /home/test/machines -n 6 /home/test/lmp_g++ -echo both -log log.surf <in.surf

a) you have MPICH2 working outside of SGE?

b) please check these Howtos:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/mpich2-integration/mpich2-integration.html (when you have ROCKS, then you have to use `hostname --short` in startmpich2.sh/line 176 if you configured SGE to ignore the FQDN though).

and if you have to use SSH:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/hostbased-ssh.html

-- Reuti