[GE users] Billing limits in GE ??

uccajgo uccajgo at gmail.com
Wed May 12 21:06:59 BST 2010

We would like to implement a "billing" limit in GE. Is this possible?

Scenario:

GE 6.2U5 + ARCO
Groups  are granted with a certain amount of CPU hours per month. That is all users in a group are free to use as many cpu hours as they want up to a maximum aggregated use for that group. At that point we want SGE to hold their jobs and not schedule them until:

A) we increase their monthly limit
or
B) The first of the subsequent month comes around and they have their limit reset to their allowed maximum.

We cannot see any way to do this in GE except manually setting nslots=0  using RQS for each users in the group until the beginning of the month.

Has anybody implemented  billing or allocation based scheme like this?

Thank you very much in advance,

Jorge