[GE users] question about queues and limitations to specific nodes

gragghia gragghia at utk.edu
Wed May 12 22:16:57 BST 2010

To only allow certain users use of the IB machines, I would make them a
cluster queue and then only set the "allow" list.  Explicitly added the
"deny" list is not needed.

How is the file /opt/mpdd_tmp/hydra.hosts being created?  If it is
dynamic, you should cat the contents of this file out to ensure that it
contains the correct hosts.  You may also want to execute "qstat -g t"
within the batch script to show what SGE thinks it is allocating to you.

If you provide the output for "qconf -sq ib.q" and "qconf -sq
ethernet.q" it will help a lot in determining the source of the problem.

- Gerald

--
Gerald Ragghianti

Newton HPC Program http://newton.utk.edu/