[GE users] Need help in SGE configuration and resource allocation

shaila shaila.parashar at colostate.edu
Thu May 13 15:37:38 BST 2010

Hi I just had a question regarding restricting access to specific queues on certain hostgroups.
As suggested, I have defined a queue called primary that includes all the hosts. I need to setup the queues such that only specific users have access to specific hosts in the queue. I tried user_lists, but I was unable to figure out the syntax.
For example, I have a queue called primary that includes the hostgroups @dandyhosts and @enshosts.  I want it so that on the hosts included in dandyhosts, only 2 users (A and B) have access to the primary queue. And on the hosts included in enshosts, only 3 users (c, d and e) have access to the primary group. This is as John has suggested. I have been unable to figure out how to implement this.
Thanks a lot for all your help.

Shaila