[GE users] Disjunct -masterq and -q switches are mixed during scheduling

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri May 14 12:55:09 BST 2010

Hi,

can someone confirm, that the handling of the switches -masterq and -q is mixed up during job scheduling? I submit a job with:

$ qsub -pe mpich 5 -masterq all.q at pc1 -q all.q at pc2 test.sh

Expected behavior: the master process runs on pc1, all 4 slaves on pc2. The `qstat -j <jobid>` output confirms:

$ qstat -j 1265
hard_queue_list:            all.q at pc2
master hard queue_list:     all.q at pc1

But I see:

$ qstat -g t
job-ID  prior   name       user         state submit/start at     queue                          master ja-task-ID
   1265 0.75500 test.sh    reuti        r     05/14/2010 13:43:10 all.q at pc1    MASTER
                                                                  all.q at pc1    SLAVE
                                                                  all.q at pc1    SLAVE
                                                                  all.q at pc1    SLAVE
   1265 0.75500 test.sh    reuti        r     05/14/2010 13:43:10 all.q at pc2    SLAVE
                                                                  all.q at pc2    SLAVE

I remember the issue, that a job didn't start at all when such a request was given, as the intersection between -masterq and -q is empty (I can't find it right now in the 'fixed' issues in Issuezilla).

I will reopen the issue, when I a) find it, b) the expected behavior shouldn't be the one I observe.