[GE users] Lockfiles and not doing the process on the same file.

mnuzaihan muhammad at asfasystems.com
Sat May 15 20:13:23 BST 2010

Hi All,

I am having a problem. We do encoding of large and many videos over the gridengine cluster. However, the problem is no matter how much i tried to create a lockfile in the script so the other machines would know there's a lockfile (if the encoding is started on one machine) and try to encode the next file. It doesn't seem to work.

Is there someone who had done this before? Any workarounds to this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Muhammad Nuzaihan