[GE users] Comunication problem

urhi vanessa.vines at ideg.es
Mon May 17 14:34:12 BST 2010


I can't connect with other users... 

The problem is the same:

debug1: Trying private key: /root/.ssh/identity
debug3: no such identity: /root/.ssh/identity
debug1: Offering public key: /root/.ssh/id_rsa
debug3: send_pubkey_test
debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive,hostbased
debug1: Trying private key: /root/.ssh/id_dsa
debug3: no such identity: /root/.ssh/id_dsa
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug3: authmethod_lookup keyboard-interactive
debug3: remaining preferred: password
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled keyboard-interactive
debug1: Next authentication method: keyboard-interactive

Detailed configuration:

On the GRID Server (ssh client) 

First of all, i connect with password from server to client, and client to server (and it create the know_hosts file)

On the SSh-client execute: "ssh-keygen -t rsa" and this create two files id_rsa and id_rsa.pub, on /root/.ssh/
In /root/.ssh there are:
Id_rsa
Id_rsa.pub
Known_hosts

Then I Copy the content of the id_rsa.pub, on the authorized_keys file, on windows SSH-server.

I copied the file inside the home folder of the user that I try to enter. For example "sgeadmin" user, then I copy the authorized_keys in C:\documents and settings\sgeadmin\.ssh\

And in that folder there are:

Authorized_keys
Known_hosts

It appears me the same error...

Any idea more?

Thanks in advance

Urhi






Vanessa

-----Mensaje original-----
De: reuti [mailto:reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de] 
Enviado el: viernes, 14 de mayo de 2010 11:32
Para: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
Asunto: Re: [GE users] Comunication problem

Hi,

Am 13.05.2010 um 16:36 schrieb urhi:

> <snip>
> debug1: Trying private key: /root/.ssh/identity
> debug3: no such identity: /root/.ssh/identity

root is often (and should be) excluded from an external login. Can you try with a normal user (or supply a user with `ssh user1 at host` / `ssh -l user1 host`?

-- Reuti


> debug1: Trying private key: /root/.ssh/id_rsa
> debug1: read PEM private key done: type RSA
> debug3: sign_and_send_pubkey
> debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
> debug1: Authentications that can 
> debug1: Trying private key: /root/.ssh/id_dsa
> debug3: no such identity: /root/. continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive,hostbased ssh/id_dsa
> debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
> debug3: authmethod_lookup keyboard-interactive
> debug3: remaining preferred: password
> debug3: authmethod_is_enabled keyboard-interactive
> debug1: Next authentication method: keyboard-interactive
> debug2: userauth_kbdint
> debug2: we sent a keyboard-interactive packet, wait for reply
> debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive,hostbased
> debug3: userauth_kbdint: disable: no info_req_seen
> debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
> debug3: authmethod_lookup password
> debug3: remaining preferred: 
> debug3: authmethod_is_enabled password
> debug1: Next authentication method: password
> debug3: packet_send2: adding 64 (len 49 padlen 15 extra_pad 64)
> debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
> debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive,hostbased
> Permission denied, please try again.
> debug3: packet_send2: adding 64 (len 49 padlen 15 extra_pad 64)
> debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
> debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive,hostbased
> Permission denied, please try again.
> debug3: packet_send2: adding 64 (len 49 padlen 15 extra_pad 64)
> debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
> debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive,hostbased
> debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
> debug1: No more authentication methods to try.
> Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive,hostbased).
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 
> Any idea?
> 
> Urhi
> 
> 
> -----Mensaje original-----
> De: reuti [mailto:reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de] 
> Enviado el: martes, 11 de mayo de 2010 18:54
> Para: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
> Asunto: Re: [GE users] Comunication problem
> 
> Hi,
> 
> Am 11.05.2010 um 16:28 schrieb urhi:
> 
>> I try to install Sun grid engine on a fedora 11, and the clients on windows XP or Windows 7. And I have a problem: the comunication without password with Openssh. I tried with the next configurations:
>> Server (LINUX) with Client (LINUX) --> OK, comunication without password
>> Server (WINDOWS) with client (LINUX) --> OK, comunication without password
>> 
>> BUT if I try to connect to a Windows from a Fedora server, I can't do it. I do not have any idea... I'm so desperate :(
> 
> you can add -v up to three times to shh to increase verbosity and get a hint. Is the id_rsa used at all (sometimes an exact location must be given, in case that they are not at the default location)?
> 
> 
>> 
>> This is what I do:
>> 
>> Install OpenSSH on the windows machine, and create de passwd/group files. I changed the sshd_config file
>> ...
>> PermitRootLogin yes
> 
> Normally the root account shouldn't be accessible.
> 
> 
>> RSAAuthentication yes
>> PubkeyAuthentication yes
>> AuthorizedKeysFile       .ssh/authorized_keys
>> ...
>> 
>> and I make: ssh_keygen -t rsa, on the user home (usually: C:\Documents and settings\user\.ss) I connect with the linux machine with ssh,. and I put the password (Automatically create the know_hosts file on /user/.ssh/ of the server linux)
>> I copied the content of the id_rsa.pub file from windows to linux. (FROM: C:\documents and settings\user\.ssh\id_rsa-pub TO /user/.ssh/authorized_keys)
>> Restart the services, and IT DIDN'T WORK.
> 
> Do you also use OpenSSH on the Windows machine? Sometimes the generated keys are in a slightly different format between the commerical and OpenSSH version.
> 
> You can also try to set up hostbased authentication, as using passphraseless SSH is not a safe way:
> 
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/hostbased-ssh.html
> 
> -- Reuti
> 
> 
>> 
>> Any idea?
>> 
>> Thanks in advance.
>> 
>> Urhi
>> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=256967
> 
> To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net].
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=257185
> 
> To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net].
>

------------------------------------------------------
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=257259

To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net].

------------------------------------------------------
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=257597

To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net].



More information about the gridengine-users mailing list