[GE dev] sge_aliases search behaviour

ecs_vuw_kevin Kevin.Buckley at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Tue May 18 04:20:43 BST 2010

Whislt I may well be talking into a vaccum here, I am
hoping someone might comment on the possibility/desirability
of getting around this by altering

    if ((SGE_STAT(file_name, &sb) != 0) && (errno == ENOENT)) {
      DEXIT;
      return 0;
   }

to also handle EACCES.

The thinking here is that, if you can't access the aliases file,
then you carry on as though it was not there.

I can see why this might be undesirable (mis-configured SGE) but
also feel that the idea that you must be able to see a user's .sge_aliases or else
you can't use SGE to be a great restriction

Surely the development team have some thoughts on this,
even if they are of the "SGE will never work without that restriction" variety.

Kevin M. Buckley

e-Research Programmer
School of Engineering and Computer Science
Victoria University of Wellington
New Zealand