[GE users] resource quota question

rumpelkeks tina.friedrich at diamond.ac.uk
Tue May 18 12:05:21 BST 2010

Hi list,

a resource quota question.

What I'm trying to achieve is restrict resources for a group of users
(defined as an access list) so they can only ever use half of the nodes
(not the slots per node) of any given host group in my cluster.

So they could run, for example, pe smp jobs using all slots on a host
(and submit as many of them as they like) but their jobs would then only
be queued on half the nodes - but this should be per any given
hostgroup, not across the whole cluster (if that description makes sense).

Is that possible (as a simple resource quota), and what would the syntax
be? I tried

{
    name         half_of_com04
    description  "resource quota to restrict external collaborators\
		slots to 50% slots in com04"
    enabled      TRUE
    limit        users {@external_collaborators} queues\
		{medium.q@@com04} to slots=56
}

but that didn't seem to work as it should.

tina

--
Tina Friedrich, Computer Systems Administrator, Diamond Light Source Ltd
Diamond House, Harwell Science and Innovation Campus - 01235 77 8442