[GE users] Integration of the MPICH2 and SGE

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue May 18 16:25:20 BST 2010

Am 18.05.2010 um 16:10 schrieb gqc606:

> MPICH2's correct path is /opt/mpich2/gnu.
> [root at cluster ~]# ls /opt/mpich2/gnu/bin
> mpd              mpdexit         mpdlistjobs.pyc  mpdsigjob.pyo
> mpdallexit       mpdexit.py      mpdlistjobs.pyo  mpdtrace
> mpdallexit.py    mpdexit.pyc     mpdman.py        mpdtrace.py
> mpdallexit.pyc   mpdexit.pyo     mpdman.pyc       mpdtrace.pyc
> mpdallexit.pyo   mpdgdbdrv.py    mpdman.pyo       mpdtrace.pyo
> mpdboot          mpdgdbdrv.pyc   mpd.py           mpicc
> mpdboot.py       mpdgdbdrv.pyo   mpd.pyc          mpich2version
> mpdboot.pyc      mpdhelp         mpd.pyo          mpicxx
> mpdboot.pyo      mpdhelp.py      mpdringtest      mpiexec
> mpdcheck         mpdhelp.pyc     mpdringtest.py   mpiexec.py
> mpdcheck.py      mpdhelp.pyo     mpdringtest.pyc  mpiexec.pyc
> mpdcheck.pyc     mpdkilljob      mpdringtest.pyo  mpiexec.pyo
> mpdcheck.pyo     mpdkilljob.py   mpdroot          mpif77
> mpdchkpyver.py   mpdkilljob.pyc  mpdrun           mpif90
> mpdchkpyver.pyc  mpdkilljob.pyo  mpdrun.py        mpirun
> mpdchkpyver.pyo  mpdlib.py       mpdrun.pyc       mpirun.py
> mpdcleanup       mpdlib.pyc      mpdrun.pyo       mpirun.pyc
> mpdcleanup.py    mpdlib.pyo      mpdsigjob        mpirun.pyo
> mpdcleanup.pyc   mpdlistjobs     mpdsigjob.py     parkill
> mpdcleanup.pyo   mpdlistjobs.py  mpdsigjob.pyc
>
> In this file,I could not find smpd or smpd-mpiexec.Is my MPICH2 installed incorrectly,or my rsh don't connect to other nodes which leading to I can't start mpich2

There is no file with a special name like smpd-mpiexec . If you recompile MPICH2 for daemonless smpd (and you have to recompile the MPICH2 package, as well as your application with the new mpicc), you get a new mpiexec (although it has the same name). As I wrote in the Howto: this is confusing and seldom leading to an easy investigation in case of any error. The "mpd*.py" files in your directory shouldn't be there, when you compiled for smpd.

You can check my Howto for the instructions how to compile it.