[GE users] How to override the tmp dir setting?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue May 18 20:31:53 BST 2010

Am 18.05.2010 um 15:27 schrieb llikethat:

> Hi Reuti,
>
> Thank you for the response.
>
> Unfortunately the application runs only on windows and so the tmpdir
> setting in the queue configuration is not understood by the
> application. if we specify /tmp, it looks for C:/tmp and will not be
> able to go to the unique job folder created in the directory.
>
> Please let me know if there are any other options for this.

Sorry, but I still don't get the problem. You want your appllication
to use the unique job directory, but the problem is to give to value
to the application? Does the application has an environment variable
(which you set for now to C:/tmp)? Then maybe you need a wrapper for
your application which will set it to:

TEMP_DIR=$TMPDIR

(assuming that the variable is called TEMP_DIR, adjust to the real
one) and start the application.

-- Reuti