[GE users] Machine file and dedicated IB network

igardais igardais at yahoo.fr
Wed May 19 11:51:10 BST 2010

Until now, we ran SGE only over Ethernet.
All was fine because the same single network was used for SGE and data.

We received a new cluster with InfiniBand and the setup we made is :
- ethernet network (172.31.0.0/16) for datas and SGE
- IB network for MPI

IPoIB is setup with a dedicated, non-routed network (192.168.0.0/24).

The machine file generated by the PE contains "ethernet name" of the machines.
This machine file is use by MPI (IntelMPI) to start the mpi ring.

Shouldn't the hostnames in the machine file be the "infiniband name" (host-ib) ?

I've read the "multiple interface howto" but I not sure it applies to this case.

Any advice is welcome,
Thanks and regards,
Ionel