[GE users] can't resolve host name

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Thu May 20 18:59:41 BST 2010

(1) Is the shared filesystem squashing root or otherwise interfering
with the execution of the ./utilbin/lx24-amd64/gethostname -aname
command? Is Linux SELINUX blocking things or otherwise interfering?

(2) Any chance that there is a DNS server giving out conflicting
information?

(3) Check /etc/hosts again for typos. I've been burned many times by
subtle mistakes that took way to long to discover!

-chris