[GE users] [OT] How to know if it *really* uses InfiniBand ?

igardais igardais at yahoo.fr
Fri May 21 14:56:50 BST 2010

Hi list,

Our new toy is almost ready to use : we are using SGE over an ethernet connection and IB-RDMA for the MPI jobs.
We're using IntelMPI.
We set I_MPI_DEVICE=rdma and everything else to run over InfiniBand.
I_MPI_DEBUG=50 shows that the job selected "ofa-v2-ib0" for RDMA transfers, which is good.

But, when doing a 'netstat -tanpu', all the computing processes show they are connected using the ethernet IP address.

Is it OK or should I expect the processes to use the InfiniBand IP to confirm that they *really* uses InfiniBand for their chat ?

Excuse my newby questions but this look strange to me.
Thanks,
Ionel