[GE users] error: commlib error: access denied

l_heck lydia.heck at durham.ac.uk
Fri May 21 19:48:59 BST 2010

After a full reboot, and full new install of sge and openmpi, double checking at
every corner, and the cluster nicely communicating amongst its member we get on
a parallel (openmpi) job which has been submitted using sge

error: commlib error: access denied (client IP resolved to host name "". This
is not identical to clients host name "")
error: commlib error: access denied (client IP resolved to host name "". This is
not identical to clients host name "")
error: executing task of job 100 failed: failed sending task to
execd at cn165.hpc.dur.ac.uk: can't find connection
error: commlib error: access denied (client IP resolved to host name "". This is
not identical to clients host name "")
error: executing task of job 100 failed: failed sending task to
execd at cn156.hpc.dur.ac.uk: can't find connection
error: executing task of job 100 failed: failed sending task to
execd at cn151.hpc.dur.ac.uk: can't find connection

We drawled the web and found one person way back in 2006 who had the same
problems and finally solved it by building sge from source.

We tried to find the source, but that is not straightforward, so the build from
source is handicapped from the start. Will this mean that after ~11 years of
using codine/sge we will finally have to give in and use PBS?

Any suggestions at this juncture would be welcome.

Dr E L  Heck

University of Durham
Institute for Computational Cosmology
Ogden Centre