[GE users] question about parallel enviroment and messages about queue instance

jnorris jnorris at ucmerced.edu
Fri May 21 22:44:10 BST 2010

Hello to all,

I qsubed a job and the job went into run but it just hangs there - very
simple job just simple "hello world" on each node it runs.

The parallel enviroment that I pass has min 9 max 10 - when I change
this to min 9 max 20 - runs fine

A user on my cluster wants to do a min 9 and max 10 - not sure why this
cause an hang of the job.

qsub -j ###

reveals the following:

parallel environment:  ompi range: 9,10
verify_suitable_queues:     2
project:                    joseph_project
usage    1:                 cpu=00:00:00, mem=0.00000 GBs, io=0.00000,
vmem=180.562M, maxvmem=235.559M
scheduling info:            queue instance
"ethernet.q at c11.elcapitan.ucmerced.edu" dropped because it is
temporarily not available
                            queue instance
"ethernet.q at c19.elcapitan.ucmerced.edu" dropped because it is
temporarily not available
                            queue instance
"ethernet.q at c22.elcapitan.ucmerced.edu" dropped because it is
temporarily not available
                            queue instance
"ethernet.q at c33.elcapitan.ucmerced.edu" dropped because it is
temporarily not available
                            queue instance
"ethernet.q at c54.elcapitan.ucmerced.edu" dropped because it is
temporarily not available
                            queue instance
"ethernet.q at c58.elcapitan.ucmerced.edu" dropped because it is full
                            queue instance
"ethernet.q at c59.elcapitan.ucmerced.edu" dropped because it is full

--
Joseph Norris
Application Developer & Server Administrator
jnorris at ucmerced.edu