[GE users] Gridengine + NFSv4 + 'sec=krb5' ?

amfortas n.gresham at manchester.ac.uk
Sat May 22 12:07:56 BST 2010

Hi,

At our site we would like to export home directories from a Sun USS 7310 as NFSv4 with 'sec=krb5'.

Unfortunately this causes issues with Grid Engine when those same home directories are mounted into our compute farm.

There seems to be an indication that such a set-up might be possible here:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/nonav/source/browse/~checkout~/gridengine/source/security/gss/doc/gss_customer.html

However the auxiliary programs 'get_cred' and friends are not available in the courtesy binaries, and before we dive in and attempt to build them from the sources, we would be very grateful to learn if anyone has managed to get the advertised GSSAPI functionality to work at their site recently, and what their experience has been.

Many thanks in advance,

[NG]