[GE users] [slightly OT] disallow node login

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Mon May 24 15:07:07 BST 2010

seandavi <seandavi at gmail.com> writes:

> Simple question, probably.  I want to disallow node logins (both mac
> and linux nodes).  However, we use ssh for job submission.

I'm not sure what that means -- distribution of parallel tasks, or
something else?  The easiest way to remove the access is by turning off
ssh and using the internal method, if you have a recent SGE.

For cases where you really need ssh to the compute nodes for parallel
tasks, or want to allow it for debugging purposes, it might be
convenient to allow it only to nodes where the user has a job running,
especially if the nodes have exclusive access.  Has anyone done a PAM
module to control access like that?

--
Dave Love
AKA fx at gnu.org