[GE users] Need help understanding parallel environment

jnorris jnorris at ucmerced.edu
Mon May 24 20:33:13 BST 2010

Hello to all,

I have this pe:

pe_name            ompi
slots              232
user_lists         NONE
xuser_lists        NONE
start_proc_args    /home/sge/mpi/startmpi.sh -catch_rsh $pe_hostfile
stop_proc_args     /home/sge/mpi/stopmpi.sh
allocation_rule    $fill_up
control_slaves     TRUE
job_is_first_task  FALSE
urgency_slots      min
accounting_summary TRUE

I understand about fill_up but am unsure about control_slaves also in my
sample job I put

#$ -pe ompi 9-20 - the job runs to finish and I get out put from my
hello.f program

however...

if I do

#$ -pe ompi 9-10  - the job hangs in run and does nothing

Can some one give me some insight on what is happening here?

Thanks.

--
Joseph Norris
Application Developer & Server Administrator
jnorris at ucmerced.edu