[GE users] sge6.2u3 - scheduler dying intermittantly

gtatachar gopinath.tatachar at gs.com
Mon May 24 20:39:00 BST 2010

Hi,

We recently upgraded from 6.1 to 6.2U3 and are seeing this exact same problem - reported in Aug 09. I have gone thru the same steps params changes, running qmaster in debug mode and etc. We are suspecting maybe a deadlock issue that the master/scheduler gives up /stops accepting all new communication (qstat/qsub doesn't work). We are planning to upgrade to 6.2U5.

I would like to know if this issue ever got resolved? Did you upgrade to either U4 or U5? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gopi