[GE users] Job rescheduled but not killed

kain2log gilbert at rldp.com.ph
Tue May 25 06:28:25 BST 2010

Hello.

I may have found a solution by accident.

Before I reschedule a rerunable running job,
I would like to prevent the queue from picking-up a new job,
so I disabled first the queue at host before rescheduling;

qmod -d  $queueInstance
qmod -rj $job_id

after several seconds, I noticed that the process have actually stopped.
I repeat the procedure for several times,
it seems consistent.

The process would have continued if queueInstance was not disabled,
as I have observed earlier.

Now I just have to wait for the rescheduled process to die-down a eventually enabling the
queueInstance again.

Thank you very much.
Kain