[GE users] error: commlib error: access denied

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue May 25 10:37:16 BST 2010

Hi,

Am 21.05.2010 um 20:48 schrieb l_heck:

> After a full reboot, and full new install of sge and openmpi, double checking at
> every corner, and the cluster nicely communicating amongst its member we get on
> a parallel (openmpi) job which has been submitted using sge

what do you mean by every corner in detail?

As I saw you on the list already in the past, I wonder whether this is a) a new cluster or b) only happening to exactly one user with his version of Open MPI?

> error: commlib error: access denied (client IP resolved to host name "". This
> is not identical to clients host name "")
> error: commlib error: access denied (client IP resolved to host name "". This is
> not identical to clients host name "")
> error: executing task of job 100 failed: failed sending task to
> execd at cn165.hpc.dur.ac.uk: can't find connection
> error: commlib error: access denied (client IP resolved to host name "". This is
> not identical to clients host name "")
> error: executing task of job 100 failed: failed sending task to
> execd at cn156.hpc.dur.ac.uk: can't find connection
> error: executing task of job 100 failed: failed sending task to
> execd at cn151.hpc.dur.ac.uk: can't find connection
>

> We drawled the web and found one person way back in 2006 who had the same
> problems and finally solved it by building sge from source.

Also at that time I thought, that this wasn't the solution but it got working because some other settings were changed in the process of recompiling.

-- Reuti