[GE users] Scheduler - Time settings possible?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue May 25 11:56:44 BST 2010

Hi,

Am 21.05.2010 um 17:05 schrieb myiagros:

> I took a look at that site and created a calendar for Mon-Fri 9-17 but the link on that page for getting more info on settings does not work, it links to the same page.
>
> http://wikis.sun.com/display/GridEngine/Configuring+Queue+Calendars#ConfiguringQueueCalendars-indexterm259
>
> There is a slots option in the General Config but it is also possible to set slots from the Subordinate tab for the queue. What would be the proper way to set my queue to only 2 slots?

there is no option to change the number of slosts depending on a calendar. What you can do:

- use a cron job to adjust the queue definition

- define a second queue with only the additional slots defined, which you can then control indeed by a calendar

While increasing the slot count is easy: what should happen with the running jobs when you lower the slots count:

- shall they continue to their end (i.e. like draining the queue)?

- shall they be suspended and continue when the calendar unsuspends the queue again?

- shall they be killed and rescheduled, so that they may start (from the beginning) during the day?

-- Reuti