[GE users] Gridengine + NFSv4 + 'sec=krb5' ?

amfortas n.gresham at manchester.ac.uk
Tue May 25 19:06:37 BST 2010

Many thanks for that: I now have Dr Friebel's "Secure SGE using Kerberos5" slides and will ponder the feasibility of attempting to imitate his solution.

We would actually be quite happy to mount home directories into the compute farm with "auth=sys", but the appliance currently forces one to pick a security mode per-share, and we unfortunately do need to have some desktops mounting homes with "auth=krb5".

[NG]

Nick Gresham

Unix Systems Administrator
University of Manchester