[GE users] qalter job array?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue May 25 21:12:54 BST 2010

Hi,

Zitat von friedman <friedman at ats.ucla.edu>:

> Hi
>
> What is the correct syntax, if any, for qalter'ing a job array?
> Specifically, if I wanted to add/change the -tc option. I noticed
> that when I enter something like this doesn't work:
>
> $ qalter -tc 16 365687
> Unknown option -tc 16

exactly with this syntax and it's working - at least in 6.2u5.
Nevertheless, I think there is the small issue that in `qstat -j
<job_id>` the value of the set array instances is not listed.

> Also, this complains cryptically:
>
> $ qalter -t 1-500:1 -tc 16 365687
> found lonely '-t 1-500:1' option (The -t option needs a leading job name).

Well, the -t of the array task itself can't be changed. This is an
issue of the manpage. The -t option is available as last option in a
`qalter` of an array job to limit the changes (mostly the "hold"
option) to a range of array tasks. It belongs to "wc_job_range_list".

-- Reuti