[GE users] Integration of the MPICH2 and SGE

gqc606 gqc606 at hotmail.com
Thu May 27 14:07:12 BST 2010

Hi reuti:
  This is my mistake that I only modified the script(startmpich2.sh) on the front node,and forgot to edit it on the compute nodes.Now I modified the script on all nodes.

But when I submitted the script,it still produces the following error:
-catch_rsh /opt/gridengine/default/spool/compute-0-0/active_jobs/254.1/pe_hostfile /opt/mpich2/gnu
compute-0-0:3
compute-0-1:3
startmpich2.sh: check for local mpd daemon (1 of 10)
/opt/gridengine/bin/lx26-x86/qrsh -inherit -V compute-0-0 /opt/mpich2/gnu/bin/mpd
startmpich2.sh: check for local mpd daemon (2 of 10)
startmpich2.sh: check for local mpd daemon (3 of 10)
startmpich2.sh: check for local mpd daemon (4 of 10)
startmpich2.sh: check for local mpd daemon (5 of 10)
startmpich2.sh: check for local mpd daemon (6 of 10)
startmpich2.sh: check for local mpd daemon (7 of 10)
startmpich2.sh: check for local mpd daemon (8 of 10)
startmpich2.sh: check for local mpd daemon (9 of 10)
startmpich2.sh: check for local mpd daemon (10 of 10)
startmpich2.sh: local mpd could not be started, aborting
-catch_rsh /opt/mpich2/gnu
mpdallexit: cannot connect to local mpd (/tmp/mpd2.console_test_sge_254.undefined); possible causes:
  1. no mpd is running on this host
  2. an mpd is running but was started without a "console" (-n option)
In case 1, you can start an mpd on this host with:
    mpd &
and you will be able to run jobs just on this host.
For more details on starting mpds on a set of hosts, see
the MPICH2 Installation Guide.
error: error: ending connection before all data received
error:
error reading job context from "qlogin_starter"

And I searched the "qlogin_starter",but didn't found it at all.I don't know it is my MPICH2's problems or SGE's? Can you give me some advices?Thanks