[GE dev] Debian/Ubuntu and Grid Engine

Michael Banck mbanck at gmx.net
Fri May 28 14:25:07 BST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 01:00:54PM +0100, pnendick wrote:
> Apologies if this is a bit off-topic, but the Debian mailing lists
> have seemingly been completely overrun with spam.

True.  I will see what I can do about blocking all non-subscribers and
whitelisted people from the list and moderating it.  That's what I do
for the debichem list as well.

> Is anyone on this list connected to or otherwise aware of the state of
> Grid Engine packaging for Debian?

Well.  The packaging team isn't working well right now, the main
packager has not worked on it for a while (since late 2009), and I have
not picked it up.  Other people have indicated interest.

> We're very keen to get 6.2u5 deployed here (downstream in Ubuntu).

Downstream in Ubuntu (as in, you're a Ubuntu developer), or downstream
from Ubuntu (as in, you're a Ubuntu user)?

> Before we dive in ourselves I'd hoped we could avoid a duplication of
> effort - and errors - by working with the team that so nicely packaged
> 6.2u4. Is anyone able to comment or otherwise lend a hand?

There's the git repo, and we can try to take on the new release.  I
honestly have no idea how much changed between u4 and u5, but let's see.

Michael