[GE dev] Debian/Ubuntu and Grid Engine

pnendick paul.nendick at baseblack.com
Fri May 28 14:32:44 BST 2010

On 28 May 2010 14:25, Michael Banck <mbanck at gmx.net> wrote:

> True.  I will see what I can do about blocking all non-subscribers and
> whitelisted people from the list and moderating it.  That's what I do
> for the debichem list as well.

Yes, please!
On 28 May 2010 14:25, Michael Banck <mbanck at gmx.net> wrote:
>> We're very keen to get 6.2u5 deployed here (downstream in Ubuntu).
>
> Downstream in Ubuntu (as in, you're a Ubuntu developer), or downstream
> from Ubuntu (as in, you're a Ubuntu user)?

To start, just the latter. Later this summer we may have the resources
freed to contribute more directly to any development effort. At the
very least we can support a PPA.

>> Before we dive in ourselves I'd hoped we could avoid a duplication of
>> effort - and errors - by working with the team that so nicely packaged
>> 6.2u4. Is anyone able to comment or otherwise lend a hand?
>
> There's the git repo, and we can try to take on the new release.  I
> honestly have no idea how much changed between u4 and u5, but let's see.

Fantastic - keep us advised. And put my name down to immediately test
anything that might come from this effort.

Paul