[GE dev] Localization

andre Andre.Alefeld at sun.com
Mon May 31 09:20:50 BST 2010

Hi,

there are several steps to take since the localization hasn't been
updated for recent versions of GE.

1. build qmon with aimk -only-qmon -DL10N
2. copy one of the existing locale dirs and localize the files
dist/locale/{qmon_help.ad,qmon_messages.ad}
3. localize/<locale>/LC_MESSAGES/gridengine.po

Before starting a bigger translation effort, test run the process first.
As said the localization hasn't been updated for some time and I am not
sure if it still works that simple or if you have to undertake
additional measures.

Andre

On 05/30/10 11:31, unknown_coder wrote:
> Hi everyone. I had been looking in FAQ fro some localization issue and I just found two saying nothing strings there:
>
> Q: How can I get Grid Engine in some language other than English?
>
> A: Grid Engine has been internationalized and prepared for localization. The internationalization is based on gettext. There exist test localizations that can be used for additional localization efforts. An overview what has been done and what has to be done can be found in the I18N source description document. So anyone who is interested in helping with l10n is very welcome ;-)
>
> Can somebody tell me how to move qmon (at least) to another language. And if this language is not supported yet, then how can I do it by myself?

Andre Alefeld                Phone: ++49 (0)941 3075-255
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7	     mailto: andre.alefeld at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg           http://www.sun.com/gridware