[GE users] Problem installing qmaster, qmaster won't start

petrik lubomir.petrik at sun.com
Mon May 31 21:27:43 BST 2010

it seems there is some problem with the $SGE_ROOT/util/arch script.
Nevertheless the architecture is recognized as lx24-x86. If that's
expected (and I believe it is) you can ignore the "[: 329: 11:
unexpected operator" error messages.

The real question is why the qmaster did not start. My guess is that the
qmaster installation is complete, but there is a failure during the
startup. Can you post the content of
$SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/spool/qmaster/messages? It may suggest what is the
problem.

Hope it helps,
Lubos.

PS: And I'd like to see the output of "bash -x $SGE_ROOT/util/arch" as
well on your machine to see what exactly causes the error message.