[GE users] CLIENT parameter values in JSVs

macona ashley.macon at colorado.edu
Mon Nov 1 18:53:52 GMT 2010

Hello,

I'm new to SGE and JSVs and am trying to use a JSV to route all jobs not specifying specific resource requests qrsh jobs to a specific queue while routing other jobs to a different queue

I can successfully change the queue in my client-side JSV by checking that the CLIENT parameter is 'qrsh', but this fails when I use the JSV as a server-side JSV because the CLIENT parameter is 'qmaster'.

if ($params{CLIENT} eq 'qrsh'){
     jsv_set_param('q_hard','interactive.q');
     jsv_correct('Job is accepted');
     return;
}

Is there any other way (in a server-side JSV) to know if the job is a qrsh job?

I've found that the JSV runs much faster as a server-side JSV than as a client-side JSV and so would like to make this work server-side...

Thanks!