[GE users] CLIENT parameter values in JSVs

macona ashley.macon at colorado.edu
Mon Nov 1 22:16:17 GMT 2010

> For the paid version there is a dedicated forum set up:
>
> http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=859

I just downloaded for the "90 days" trial to see if it fixed that bug (it did). I'm hoping to either compile 6.2u5 from source or...

> Also note, that there is a fork Open Grid Scheduler which should also
> fix this problem.

use OGS. I just checked out the source and will try to compile for Kubuntu x64. I'm curious if OGS will take off, I hope so but it seems there is not yet a discussion group over there?

> Sorry for the confusion, I meant to remove INTERACTIVE from the other
> queues, except the interactive.q, as you already did.
>
> The solution might then be to assign interactive.q and free.q (yes,
> both) for jobs not requesting h_vmem. SGE can only schedule it to one
> in the end, depending on its type.

Brilliant! That works nicely.

Thanks Reuti!