[GE users] CLIENT parameter values in JSVs

macona ashley.macon at colorado.edu
Tue Nov 2 17:23:04 GMT 2010

> >> The solution might then be to assign interactive.q and free.q (yes,
> >> both) for jobs not requesting h_vmem. SGE can only schedule it to one
> >> in the end, depending on its type.
> >
> > Brilliant! That works nicely.

Hmmm...I am now sporadically getting the following errors on job submission:

Unable to run job: master got unknown command from JSV: "ERROR".

This happens every once in a while and is not job specific, as the same job submitted again submits successfully. This occurs with qsub and qrsh jobs.

I thought it was due to setting the q_hard parameter to 'free.q,interactive.q' but the comma is indeed required.

Here is my JSV:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;
no warnings qw/uninitialized/;

use Env qw(SGE_ROOT);
use lib "$SGE_ROOT/util/resources/jsv";
use JSV qw( :ALL jsv_send_env jsv_log_info );

jsv_on_start(sub {
                #jsv_send_env();
});

jsv_on_verify(sub {
        my %params = jsv_get_param_hash();

        # Hard resources specified
        if (exists $params{l_hard}) {
                # no h_vmem specified, send to free.q
                if (! exists $params{l_hard}{h_vmem}) {
                        jsv_set_param('q_hard','free.q,interactive.q');
                        jsv_correct('Job was modified before it was accepted.');
                }
                # h_vmem specified, also set vf = h_vmem
                else {
                        my $vmem = $params{l_hard}{h_vmem};
                        jsv_sub_add_param('l_hard','vf',$vmem);
                }
                jsv_accept('Job is accepted');
        }
        # No hard resources requested, send to free.q
        else {
                jsv_set_param('q_hard','free.q,interactive.q');
                jsv_correct('Job was modified before it was accepted.');
        }
        return;
});

jsv_main();