[GE users] CLIENT parameter values in JSVs

macona ashley.macon at colorado.edu
Tue Nov 2 18:38:17 GMT 2010

> yep, it's necessary. On the commandline you can use either syntax:
>
> $ qsub -q free.q -q interactive.q ...
>
> or your version:
>
> $ qsub -q free.q,interactive.q ...
>
> Maybe specifying it twice helps. Please let me know, if it changes the behavior.

I'm using jsv_set_param and if I call that twice, it just takes on the value in the second call...is there a way to effectively do -q free.q -q interactive.q? Still, I don't think this is the issue...

> NB: As it happens only once in a while, it sounds more like a race condition with multiple runs of the JSV at the same time or alike.

Agreed...is there any way to prevent race conditions with server-side JSVs? Is this a common problem? Is it preferred then to use client-side JSVs?

Note, I have a hard time getting this to happen on my "test" cluster of a few old Dell PCs (i.e. slow), but it happens quite often on our real cluster (i.e. new,fast). Also, note, if I run the JSV as a client-side, I don't see this error message...