[GE users] Node priority

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Nov 3 09:55:06 GMT 2010

Am 02.11.2010 um 22:14 schrieb laotsao:

> from the wiki.sun.com
>> If a job is scheduled and multiple free queues meet its resource
>> requests, the job is usually dispatched to a suitable queue belonging
>> to the least loaded host. By setting the scheduler configuration entry
>> queue_sort_method to seq_no, the cluster administration can change
>> this load-dependent scheme into a fixed order algorithm. The queue
>> configuration entry seq_no defines a precedence among the queues,
>> assigning the highest priority to the queue with the lowest sequence
>> number.
> so it seems that U can assign seg_no=1 to @exehgrp that  include all
> exec-host(except qmaster)

Yep, but lower ones will be use first. I.e. it would be better to have:

$ qconf -sq all.q
seq_no                0,[headnode=100]

An additional measure would be define at least one slot less for the headnode (to have one or more free for the qmaster and/or interactive processes, if this machine is also your login/submit host) and/or apply a nice value to the processes running on the headnode.

$ qconf -sq all.q
priority              0,[headnode=19]

-- Reuti