[GE users] load balancing

skriver kristian at skriver.de
Thu Nov 4 14:00:32 GMT 2010

Hi Erik,

One problem we faced using this method is, that it takes serveral minutes before a job acutally uses all the memory ie. 2 GB. So when we submit ie. 4 jobs each using 2 GB., then the Grid Master will have no problem submitting the tasks to just one compute node (having 4 cores), since the Grid Master at the time of making the decission of where to submit the task, can see that there is plenty of memory free on the compute node.

We used the consumerable resource and it works like a charm and is very flexible.

/Kristian