[GE users] can two queue have one node? please help me!

macona ashley.macon at colorado.edu
Thu Nov 4 14:52:00 GMT 2010

> I create two queues,they have a same node n02.
>
> n02 have 1 cpu, every queue have 1 slots
>
> I have two users,user1 and user2
>
> when user1 and user2 qsub job at one time,n02 have two processes ,It is mean two jobs is using n02 at one time,But n02 only one cpu.
>
> why? How I config sge?

If you're concerned about over-subscription of the node's CPU by jobs in both queues, you may want to set the node's slots complex value to: slots=1 (if you have a single-core CPU) or slots=2 (dual-core CPU). Then only 1 (or 2) job(s) will run on the node at a time.

qconf -mattr exechost complex_values slots=1 n02