[GE users] Using SGE with SSH on RHEL 5.5 - SElinux troubles

cmoyroud clement_moyroud at mentor.com
Thu Nov 4 16:25:23 GMT 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to use SSH for qrsh in SGE on a cluster with RHEL 5.5 machines (using http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/qrsh_qlogin_ssh.html ), and SElinux is giving me troubles. Putting SElinux into 'permissive' mode instead of 'enforce' mode is working fine, which means there's something in the SElinux configuration that needs to be changed.

What I've tried so far:
- Authorizing ports 1024 to 65535 to be used for SSH with semanage port -a -t ssh_port_t -p tcp 1024-65535'
- Authorizing SSH to run through inetd with 'setsebool -P run_ssh_inetd on'

Still no luck :(

As soon as the SSH connection is established successfully (authentication and all), the connection is closed ("Read from remote host crx5380: Connection reset by peer").

Has anyone managed to get SGE to work with SSH on an SElinux-enabled system?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Clément