[GE users] Forcing specification of h_rt in

prentice prentice at ias.edu
Mon Nov 8 19:26:13 GMT 2010

I need to force my users to specify h_rt when they submit jobs to
improve scheduling. To do this, I modified my h_rt complex like so:

#name               shortcut   type        relop   requestable
consumable default  urgency
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
h_rt                h_rt       TIME        <=      FORCED      JOB
  0:0:0    0

If I don't specify a h_rt, I get schedd_info that says this:

does not request 'forced' resource "h_rt" of queue instance
batch.q at node01.aurora

However, when I do request h_rt, I get this error:

 (-l h_rt=60) cannot run in queue "batch.q at node43.aurora" because job
requests unknown resource (h_rt)

Huh? Do I need to specify h_rt as a global variable or on all my hosts?
Amy I doing something else stupid?

--
Prentice