[GE users] dynamic resource limits

stellale stella_levin2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 9 13:03:07 GMT 2010

Hi.
We plan to move from home-made DRM application to SGE. Some our batch jobs specialty is that they may have some memory spike for a short time. For example during 10 hours a job requires 3GB and during 1/2 hour it requires 12GB. Today we update memory limits dynamically: periodically check the process memory consumption and update job limits when it grows. So, jobs of other type may use the resource for 10 hours. What may be a solution with SGE? I read about resource reservation. It is defined for a waiting job and a running job doesn't share it's memory resource.
Thanks, Stella