[GE users] SGE failed to compile: undefined reference to sge_gdi2_send_any_request

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Nov 10 18:04:50 GMT 2010

jdm64 <jdm64 at csu.fullerton.edu> writes:

> I was finally able to install it by making the change in util/arch, removing the dir /lib64 and also removing all lib32* packages.

That can't be the right solution.

> The installation completed without errors, and was able to load
> qmaster, but I couldn't load the scheduler (forgot the name). The
> problem was that binary was nowhere to be found!

Please look at <https://arc.liv.ac.uk/trac/SGE> and try the current
snapshot referred to, with the given build recipe, after undoing
whatever you did to the system library directories and packages.  Try to
figure out what causes any problems during the build, and make a bug
report.  Run it under script and, if necessary, send me (a compressed
version of) the typescript, as it would probably be too big to post to
the tracker above.

I don't know anything about Arch, but the current source builds OK on
the RedHat and Ubuntu systems I have.

Upstart, or whatever, is a different matter, but I'm surprised if you
can't use a normal init script on any GNU/Linux system currently, since
the replacements for sysvinit are rather new.

--
Dave Love
AKA fx at gnu.org