[GE users] configuring user/machine scheduling priority

jbazik jsb at cs.brown.edu
Thu Nov 11 22:20:28 GMT 2010

I'm configuring a grid with fair share access for (almost) everyone.

Some of my users have "loaned" machines to the grid, and I'd like to
afford them scheduling priority (without preemption) on their machines,
while still giving them an even chance at the rest of the grid.

On those machines, I'd also like to limit non-owners to 1 hour but let
owners have unlimited time.  I'd also like to limit the total number
of slots occupied on each machine to its number of cores.

I'm hoping to configure this without requiring owners to explicitly
request a resource, project or queue when they submit jobs.  Can
anyone offer me some guidance on how to approach this?

John