[GE users] Error in Log File

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sun Nov 14 16:00:02 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 12.11.2010 um 07:19 schrieb adarsh:

> Thanks for previous replies.
>
> Now I am able to successfully up and run SGE on 4 nodes with Hadoop integrated.
>
> I ran several jobs and see correct outputs.
>
> But in my qmaster logs ( messages ) file.
> I got this type of error.
>
> 11/12/2010 11:48:08|  main|ws-test|E|error opening file "/opt/sge-root/default/spool/qmaster/./sharetree" for reading: No such file or directory

it looks like you have the spool directrory on an NFS server. Is the file server also the qmaster, then it would be no problem. But when it's on a second machine with automounter, you might face some delay in access to certain files. Then it would be best to rearrange the location of the spool files:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/nfsreduce.html

and have the spool directories local. Switching off automounter will also help to avoid other types of failures.

-- Reuti