[GE users] Setting core binding via JSV

jewellc chris.jewell at warwick.ac.uk
Sun Nov 14 18:28:17 GMT 2010

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a default for core binding using a client-side JSV, written in Perl as in the attached file.

However, the jsv_correct function doesn't seem to be setting the parameters (binding_type, binding_strategy, and binding_amount) to the correct values.  The debug line in my script (jsv_show_params) indicated that these three parameters have been set correctly, but the job trace file shows:

do_core_binding: "binding" parameter not found in config file

and indeed, the job config file shows binding=NULL.  If I comment out the jsv_set_param lines from my script and specify core binding on the command line, then the jsv_show_params line indicates that parameters are present and correct, and the job trace and config files show that the binding is set correctly.

This suggests to me that either the parameter setting is incorrect, or the jsv_correct function isn't working.

Can anyone spot an error in my script???

Thanks,

Chris