[GE users] Setting core binding via JSV

jewellc chris.jewell at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Nov 15 10:37:04 GMT 2010

Hi Reuti,

> I see there:
>
> binding:                    set linear:1
> usage    1:                 cpu=00:00:00, mem=0.00000 GBs, io=0.00000, vmem=N/A, maxvmem=N/A
> binding    1:               Sc

Okay, I think I'm closing in on the problem.  If I do:

qsub -binding set linear:1 myScript.com

I can use the JSV to adjust the binding amount (via jsv_set_param('binding_amount',$num_cores) ) as long as I don't adjust the binding_strategy parameter.  Here, I get a line like you have above for 'binding: set linear:<requested num cores>'.

However, if I use the JSV to set 'binding_strategy' to linear (jsv_set_param('binding_strategy','linear')), then I get the line 'binding: set linear:<requested num cores>:0,0.  The appended 0,0 (which I assume is a socket,core tuple) does not work and I get the 'binding 1: NONE' line.

I wonder if this means that either I am setting the 'binding_strategy' parameter wrongly in the JSV, or there's a bug in how this parameter is set **via JSV** (and not via the command line).

Cheers,

Chris