[GE users] Is possible configure ticket for each queues?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Nov 15 13:59:08 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 09.11.2010 um 07:12 schrieb sonsh99:

> I wondering about ticket priority for each queues.
>
> Policy configuration have influence to all clusters as I know.
>
> But I need to ticket priority for each queues.
>
> example)
>
> current:
> UserA submit 10 Jobs to Q1, and then 5 jobs to Q2
>
> UserA's priority at Q1
> jobA1  1.25  r   Q1 at hostA
> jobA2  1.25  r   Q1 at hostA
> jobA3  1.25  r   Q1 at hostA
> jobB1  0.86  r   Q2 at hostB
> jobB2  0.86  r   Q2 at hostB
> jobB3  0.85  r   Q2 at hostB
> jobB4  0.85  r   Q2 at hostB
> jobB5  0.85  r   Q2 at hostB
> jobA4  0.99  qw  Q1 at hostA
> ..
> jobA10 0.87  qw  Q1 at hostA
>
> but i want to follows:
> jobA1  1.25  r   Q1 at hostA
> jobA2  1.25  r   Q1 at hostA
> jobA3  1.25  r   Q1 at hostA
> jobB1  1.25  r   Q2 at hostB
> jobB2  1.25  r   Q2 at hostB
> jobB3  1.25  r   Q2 at hostB
> jobB4  1.25  r   Q2 at hostB
> jobB5  1.25  r   Q2 at hostB
> jobA4  0.99  qw  Q1 at hostA
> ..
> jobA10 0.87  qw  Q1 at hostA
>
> Is possible configure ticket for each queues?

I'm not sure, whether I get what you want to do. The jobs are already running, so you would like to change the nice values of the jobs for a functional policy on overloaded machines? If you have less jobs than cores on a machine, all will run at full speed independent of their nice values. There is simply noone to be nice to.