[GE users] SGE failed to compile: undefined reference to sge_gdi2_send_any_request

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Mon Nov 15 14:21:53 GMT 2010

[Apologies if this turns up twice.]

reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> writes:

>> See getline(3) on a GNU system.  If you don't need the change,
>> presumably your system doesn't default to defining _GNU_SOURCE, which
>> surprises me.

Sorry, that's wrong.  I don't know what I was thinking, as I've dealt
with it often enough.  _GNU_SOURCE is actually defined by aimk, so I
still don't know why it doesn't affect you.

> I'm on openSUSE, and there it's not defined by default. As SGE is no
> GNU software anyway, maybe it would be good to reset this default flag
> before compiling SGE.

The `GNU' bit is only relevant because it's the GNU library, I think.
It really means `kitchen sink' (he says, wondering what the equivalent
is in German etc.), i.e. everything.  I'd guess if you turn it off
you'll need other definitions, but it seems cleanest to rename getline.
(It's one of the Fedora patches that has been languishing in IZ.)

--
Dave Love
AKA fx at gnu.org