[GE users] help with loadsensor complexes

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Mon Nov 15 18:34:55 GMT 2010

hawson <beckerjes at mail.nih.gov> writes:

> I've run into this problem, and specifically with /scratch disk space.
> The good news is that there is a solution; the bad news is that it is
> slightly complicated to describe (and further, my explantion may not be
> correct).  So take this with a shaker or two of salt:

I haven't checked exactly what the problem is, but note that Mark
Olesen's `qloadsensor' from the flex-grid collection has an example of
monitoring /tmp which seems to work OK here.  It just gets copied into
the SGE binaries directory, to be picked up by all the nodes if SGE_ROOT
is shared.

[Note that flex-grid isn't free software, and it's not clear to me
whether the language in the licence allows running in a commercial
setting when it's applied to software; I don't know what Mark intended.
You can see how it works, anyway.]

--
Dave Love
AKA fx at gnu.org