[GE users] help with loadsensor complexes

sgenedharvey sge at nedharvey.com
Mon Nov 15 19:51:45 GMT 2010

> From: hawson [mailto:beckerjes at mail.nih.gov]
>
> I've run into this problem, and specifically with /scratch disk space.
> The good news is that there is a solution; the bad news is that it is
slightly
> complicated to describe (and further, my explantion may not be correct).
So
> take this with a shaker or two of salt:
>
> A very poorly documented "quirk" is that a consumable must have some sort
> of "starting" value against which it can compare.  Thus, if you want to
use

Yup, this worked.  Thank you very much.  And, to reduce the salt
necessary...

I set (qconf -me hostname)
	complex_values    scratchfree=9999
On each execution host.  And I deleted the "report_variables" on each one.

I kept my complex definition as it was originally posted.
scratchfree scratchfree  INT  <=  YES YES 0 0

And of course, set the load_sensor script on the "global" cluster
configuration.