[GE users] multiple queues, but only one used by default

andre_ismll busche at ismll.de
Wed Nov 17 15:10:23 GMT 2010

Dear list,

we are currently extending our grid to have additional nodes. Those
should be added to a new queue, thus resulting in two: the "old" queue
for the old nodes, and the "new" queue for the new nodes. Both queues
will last "forever".

As both queues are configured (severely) different (e.g. resource
limits), to help our users migrating to the "new" environment, we would
like to achieve the following:

By default, the old queue is used. Always. (If no -q parameter is passed
to qsub)

If desired, the users can change this behaviour by manually specifying
the queue (to change over to the new queue).

I am sure that this should be implementable. However, the sequence
number does not really help, as the queue will still be used, if the
"default one" is filled up.

Any ideas or hints? I am sure to have read sth. about it, but can't
recall, where.

Thanks & Best,
   André

--
André Busche, MSc.
Information Systems and Machine Learning Lab (ISMLL),